Despite the ceasefire, combat in Sudan continues.
Despite a ceasefire set to begin at 18:00 local time (16:00 GMT), fighting continues in parts of Sudan’s capital, Khartoum.
The battle has not halted in especially near the army headquarters, which is located in the city center and is bordered by civilian neighborhoods.
At the heart of the fight, two rival generals agreed on a 24-hour humanitarian pause to allow civilians to receive medical care and supplies.
Residents are running out of food and water.
Earlier on Tuesday, a Khartoum resident told the BBC that she had run out of drinking water in her home: “This morning we ran out.”
Tariq Duaa’s As her family packed into a “tiny corridor” to dodge gunshots, she said only one bottle remained, which was specifically for her two-year-old child.
“Most of the people who died died in their homes with random bullets and missiles,” Ms Tariq explained. “It’s better to avoid exposed places in the house,” such as windows.
BBC Africa Live: News from the African continent
So far, about 200 people have been killed in the conflict.
The UN assistance director has also expressed concern about allegations of attacks and sexual assaults on humanitarian personnel.
“This is unacceptable and must stop,” Mr Griffiths tweeted after the truce was supposed to go into effect.
Fighting is taking place between army units loyal to Sudan’s de facto leader, Gen Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, and the RSF, a notorious paramilitary group led by Sudan’s deputy leader, Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, also known as Hemedti.